Local Community Resources
- Centre Foundation COVID-19 Response Grant Program for nonprofits. Apply online by 5 PM May 22, 2020 for Phase One. Any nonprofit organization may apply, but funding must be used to support programs meeting the immediate provision of health or human service needs for local residents.
- Centre County Government – Official COVID-19 Responses & Resources
- Governor Tom Wolfe State Updates – Regular updates on policies, guidelines and state responses.
- Centre Region Council of Governments (COG) Emergency Management – COG covers the townships included in the State College Area School District: Borough of State College, College Twp, Ferguson Twp, Halfmoon Twp, Harris Twp, and Patton Twp.
- Centre Region Ready – Centre Region Emergency Management Agency Information (can follow on Facebook)
- C-NET – Access TV for Centre County, PA. Airs local government meetings and school board meetings. Online and on TV Channel 7.
- PA Department of Community & Economic Development – Resources for businesses, communities, and local governments.
- COMPASS – Online tool for applying for PA health and human services programs. Includes links for food, healthcare, heating and other assistance.
- CareerOneStop – Information for anyone experiencing job loss or reduced hours due to COVID-19, including how to apply for unemployment insurance benefits.
- Centre County Office of Aging Resource Guide
- Penn State Center for Infectious Disease Dynamics – Submit a COVID-19 question to AskCIDD@psu.edu
- Harrell Health Sciences Library – COVID-19 research resources
- FirstEnergy – FAQs and information. On March 13, suspended all service shutoffs.
- Salud America! Spanish Language Coronavirus Resources
Political Resources & Action