Resources for workers to protect themselves, their co-workers, and their rights:
WORKER SAFETY & HEALTH:
- PA Public Health Safety Measures for Businesses Permitted to Maintain In-Person Operations (issued April 15th and enforceable April 19th at 8 PM).
- Coronavirus—Resources for Workers (National Council for Occupational Safety and Health)
- Health and Safety Guide for Essential Workers (MassCOSH Covid-19)
- U.S. Department of Labor – Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Unemployment Compensation In Pennsylvania
- The Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) portal is available for “individuals who have traditionally been ineligible for unemployment benefits (e.g. self-employed workers, independent contractors, gig workers, people who have exhausted rights to regular UC benefits or lack sufficient work history).
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) FAQs
- Unemployment Rights and Resources during Covid-19 – Guide from PA Office of Attorney General on students loans, evictions, unemployment, utilities, and more.
WHERE TO FILE COMPLAINTS:
- State College Board of Health, 243 S. Allen St. State College, PA 16801, 814-234-7191, www.statecollegepa.us/1165/Board-of-Health
- U.S. Department of Labor – Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Harrisburg Area Office, 43 Kline Plaza, Harrisburg, PA 17104-1529, (717) 782-3902, www.osha.gov/contactus/bystate/PA/areaoffice
- National Labor Relations Board (NLRB). 1000 Liberty Ave., Room 904, Pittsburgh, PA 15222-4111, 412-395-4400, www.nlrb.gov/about-nlrb/who-we-are/regional-offices/region-06-pittsburgh
- Bernie Cantorna, Centre County District Attorney, 106 E. High Street 3rd floor, Bellefonte, PA 16823, 814-355-6735, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Josh Shapiro, PA Attorney General, 717-787-3391, email@example.com
RESOURCES FOR EMPLOYERS:
- Pennsylvania OSHA Consultation Program for Employers, 57 South 9th Street, Suite 305, Indiana, PA 15701, 800-382-1241, www.iup.edu/pa-oshaconsultation/
- Resources for employers of domestic workers (Hand in Hand)
- PA Department of Health (DOH) Guidance, Fact Sheets, and COVID-19 Information for Businesses
- COVID-19 Business Guidance (PDF)
- COVID-19 Business Risk Assessment Tool (PDF)
- COVID-19 Business FAQ (PDF)
- COVID-19 Business Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Quarantine-Isolation Work Guidance (PDF)
- Case, Contact, and Contact of a Contact Infographic
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Critical Medical Supplies Procurement Portal
ORGANIZE YOUR WORKPLACE:
- Saving Workers’ Health and Lives in the COVID-19 Pandemic: Tools for the Fight (Nancy Lessin)
- NOTE: As Nancy Lessin advises in this article, while submitting complaints to government agencies may be helpful in documenting your case, more direct action is often needed as well to make a real difference at your workplace.
- Can I Get Fired for Talking about Virus Risks? (Alexandra Bradbury)
- Organizing around the World for PTO: Pandemic Time Off (Dan Dimaggio)
- Organizing in a Pandemic: More Resources from Labor Notes